Fall in the Pacific Northwest has arrived, and even though it’s always hard to say goodbye to summer, we are excited for all the autumnal fun this new season brings. From bundling up for a leaf-peeping stroll to scouting out the hottest fall trends, there’s an adventure in Bellevue for you.
Here are just a few ways to celebrate the season’s newest colors in Bellevue. For a full lineup, visit our events calendar!
LEAF-PEEPING IN (OR NEAR) BELLEVUE:
Fall is the perfect time to plan a hike: The temperature is cooler, the trails are less crowded and the leaves are changing colors! Leaf-peeping is a must on any Bellevue autumn itinerary.
For the urban hikers:
Bellevue’s parks, trails, and forests are bursting with colorful foliage! Located near downtown, the Bellevue Botanical Garden offers visitors 53-acres of gardens, meadows, wetlands, and woodlands to explore picturesque fall colors. The Gardens are free and open from dawn to dusk every day!
Or, if you’re looking for an all-day adventure, the Lake to Lake Greenway Trail offers nearly 100 miles of hiking terrain from east to west, connecting Lake Sammamish to Lake Washington. Wind through boggy wetlands, towering forests and historic farms across nine parks throughout Bellevue.
Other nearby gorgeous trails with fall colors include:
- Mercer Slough Nature Park
- Lewis Creek Park
- Weowana Park
- Coal Creek Natural Area
- Gold Creek Pond
- Snoqualmie Falls
- Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park
For the thrill-seekers:
Bellevue is an ideal basecamp for thrill-seekers wanting to explore three different national parks. Venture through the fall foliage of the North Cascades National Park during the day and coming back to an array of dining options at night. Less than 2 hours away, Mount Rainier National Park is famous for the iconic peak that is a staple of the Washington landscape and provides hiking trails ascending to the more than 14,00 feet above sea level.
Bellevue has a diverse selection of high-end boutiques, local brands, and eclectic shops, so there are plenty of options to find that special, one-of-a-kind fashion piece. But if you need a little Fall fashion inspiration, we highly recommend attending Fashion Week at The Bellevue Collection from Wednesday, Sept. 25 through Sunday, Sept. 29.
This year’s Fashion Week includes premier runway shows, trend reports, interactive styling sessions, beauty tips, unbeatable shopping experiences and more. Here is our full breakdown of all the exciting events happening Fashion Week 2019:
- Taming The Trend Animal – Wednesday, September 25 (10AM – 11AM, Second Floor of Bellevue Square): Learn the difference between fashion, trend, and style during a special fall style seminar, taking place on the second floor of Bellevue Square in between J. Jill and J. Crew. FREE – RSVP Required
- Fall Trend, Your Body, Your Style, Fall 2019 – Wednesday, September 25 (7PM – 8PM, Second Floor of Bellevue Square): Learn how to tackle and tame fall/winter trends in a way that works best for your body through an interactive presentation, taking place on the second floor of Bellevue Square in between J. Jill and J. Crew. FREE – RSVP Required
- Posh Party Trend Show – Friday, September 27 (6:30PM, Hyatt Regency Bellevue): Attend the Bellevue Collection’s annual Posh Party Trend Show, hosted by Brooke Fox of MOViN 92.5. Tickets will include a runway fashion show, drinks + light bites, beauty touch-ups, and proceeds benefit Bellevue LifeSpring. Free parking. Tickets Required.
- The Ultimate Encapsulated wardrobe – Friday, September 27 (10AM – 11AM, Second Floor of Bellevue Square): The seminar will focus on how curating and refreshing your closet while incorporating fall must-haves, and takes place on the second floor of Bellevue Square in between J. Jill and J. Crew. FREE – RSVP Required
- Collective Runway Show at Bellevue Fashion Week – Saturday, September 28 (6:30PM, Hyatt Regency Bellevue): Guests will experience the latest fall fashion looks presented with a unique Pacific Northwest twist during this Fashion Show. Ticket sale proceeds benefit Ben’s Fund. Tickets Required.
- Fall Fitness Event – Sunday, September 29 (9AM -11AM; Bellevue Square Center Court): See the newest fall athletic wear and work up a sweat during Fashion Week with workouts from local instructors! FREE
OTHER AUTUMN ACTIVITIES:
If you are looking to pick out fresh apples, pumpkins, corn, and other fall ingredients, there are many produce stands in and near Bellevue, such as Lake Hills Greenbelt Produce Stand and Newcastle Fruit & Produce. To get your apple cider fix, be sure to check out Off the Branch Farm and Tonnemaker Valley Farm in Woodinville!
Additionally, for the very first year, the Bellevue Farmer’s Market has added three additional days on Oct. 19, Nov. 16 and Dec. 21 for more chances to grab your seasonal goods.
There are also many pumpkin patches near Bellevue! Some of the closest ones include:
- Serres Farm(18-minute drive):
Pumpkin patch opening day is Saturday, September 28 and runs through October 31
Hours: Saturday & Sunday 9am-6pm, Tuesday-Friday 2pm-6pm
- Fall City Farm (28-minute drive):
Farm Store and U-Pick Pumpkin Patch opens September 28!
October Hours: Fridays 10am-6pm, Saturdays 9am-6pm & Sundays 9am-5pm
- Remlinger Farms (30-minute drive):
Fall Pumpkin Harvest Festival, September 28 – late October
Hours: Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm
- Two Brothers Pumpkin Patch at Game Haven Greenery (40-minute drive):
Pumpkin Patch is open daily beginning Saturday, September 28 and runs through October 31
Hours: Monday-Sunday 9:30am-6pm
- Craven Farms (40-minute drive):
Farm Festival open daily from September 21 – October 31st
Hours: Daily from 9:30am-dusk
Another way to spend a relaxing fall day is by enjoying Bellevue’s newly renovated Meydenbauer Bay Park which boasts 10-acres of shoreline, a pedestrian pier and plenty of public seating.
ARTS, CULTURE + LIVE PERFORMANCES
Immerse yourself in Bellevue’s ever-changing art scene and stop by the Bellevue Arts Museum. Known for its unique and rotating pieces, there are many new incredible changes and exhibits coming this fall.
Plan your fall vacation around one of Bellevue’s exciting live music or theatre performances! The Meydenbauer Center Theatre is Bellevue’s state-of-the-art, premier performing arts center and will be hosting many exciting live performances throughout the next few months. Some upcoming events include:
- Dances of Spain – Friday, October 11 – Saturday, October 12 (Tickets required; $40)
- Meydenbauer Center Theatre Presents: The Paperboys – Friday, October 18 (Tickets required; $20-70)
- Meydenbauer Center Theatre Presents: The Second City – Saturday, October 19 (Tickets required; $29-40)
- Lyric Opera Northwest – Tuesday, October 22 – Sunday, October 27
(Tickets required; $40)
- To See Salisbury- an Ironical Comedy – Wednesday, November 13
(Tickets required; $40-60)
- Warren Miller’s “Timeless” presented by Volkswagen – Friday, November 15 – Saturday, November 16 (Tickets required; $24)
- Chinese Dance Foundation – Friday, November 22 – Saturday, November 23 (Free Admission)