March Madness is drawing to a close, baseball is back and the zip line tour is reopening, which means spring is in full bloom and it’s time to get out and enjoy it! There are sports, art, theatre, comedy, dance and more to experience this weekend, so read our Weekly Round-up to learn about all the festivities around Bellevue.
1.) Bellevue Zip Tour Season Opening
Saturday, April 4
It’s time to come see Bellevue from a different perspective! The Bellevue Zip Tour is reopening for the season this weekend and you’ll want to experience the 6.5 zip lines with family and friends, or use it a great teambuilding activity! Zip up to 35 mph across Huckleberry Alley, Cathedral Platform, Bellevue View, the Maple Grove, and Lightning Tree all guided by a skilled staff member. Click here for more information or here to find out about scheduling and registering.
2.) NCAA Tournament Semifinals and Championship Game
Saturday, April 4 & Monday, April 6
March Madness is heating up as we’re down to the final 4! Come cheer on your picks as they try to make it to the Championship Game, then head out for fantastic happy hours before the final game on Monday. Looking for a place to catch either game? Then take a peek at some of our picks to watch the game around town.
3.) Opening Day for the Seattle Mariners
Monday, April 6
Baseball is back! The Mariners have been heating things up down in spring training and now they’re back to kick off what looks to be a fantastic season. Come out to Safeco Field and support the M’s as they battle the Los Angeles Angels at opening game. The game starts at 1:10pm but the gates will open 2 hours before first pitch, so get there early to enjoy the great food and beverage options. Click here for more information.
4.) Bellevue Brewing Company launches new Session IPA
Wednesday, April 1
Bellevue Brewing Company is at it again with the launch of their new Session IPA (“SIPA”)! They released the beer in the taproom yesterday (No April Fool’s joke there!) and will be distributing it as a draught-only beer starting tomorrow, April 3rd. They describe the beer as “the aroma is bright, like a sunny day, with hints of juicy Rainier cherries, fresh-cut mangos, and sweet spring blossoms. On the palate, you’ll enjoy some bitter-sweet orange notes with the maltiness faintly echoing cookie dough.” Stop by the taproom today to taste it for yourself!
5.) Live Comedy: Kevin McDonald
Thursday, April 2 – Saturday, April 4
Most well-known for his many roles on the popular TV series “Kids in the Hall,” Kevin McDonald is bringing his own brand of comedy to the Parlor this weekend. He’s been in films such as “Lilo & Stitch,” “Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness,” “The True Meaning of Christmas Specials” and “Boy Meets Girl.” You may also recognize him from appearances on “That 70s Show,” “Ellen” the TV series, “Catscratch,” “Invader Zim” and “Comedy Bang! Bang!” Click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
6.) Northwest Belly Dance Company Arabesque Tour
Saturday, April 4
Meydenbauer Center will be buzzing this Saturday as the Northwest BellyDance Company brings its show on the road for the first time! An annual event in Spokane since 2010, the Arabesque Tour combines ancient dances, modern production and a dose of imagination in the troupe’s signature blend of entertainment. This all ages show blends bellydance, tribal fusion and more, so don’t miss their first visit to Bellevue! Click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
7.) LA LA LA: Group Exhibit at Hall Spassov
Wednesday, April 1 – Sunday, May 31
You have 2 months to catch this great exhibit at Hall Spassov Gallery that brings together the work of a few Los Angeles based artists. Don’t miss pieces by Ellwood Risk, Cheryl Ekstrom, Jeff Peters and more! Click here to learn more information and plan your visit to the Hall Spassov Gallery.
8.) Easter Swing Dance Convention
Thursday, April 2 – Sunday, April 5
West Coast Swing is about to take Bellevue by storm! Hundreds of dancers from around the world will gather to enjoy workshops, competitions and social West Coast Swing dancing at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue for the annual Seattle’s Easter Swing. There will be great trophies, private lessons with top pros, tops DJs and MCs, hours of dancing and more! Click here for more information or here to look through the schedule.
9.) Shen Yun 2015
Friday, April 3 – Sunday, April 5
The incredible Shen Yun Performing Arts is bringing classical Chinese dance and music to Seattle for 4 shows. Come experience a journey to the lost land of the ancient Middle Kingdom thought music, dance, beautiful costumes and animated backdrops. Be transported by the legends brought to life by ethnic and folk dances. Click here for more information or here to purchase tickets.
OTHER UPCOMING BELLEVUE EVENTS
Click on the events below for more information
- No Way to Treat a Lady at Village Theatre (Apr. 19 – Apr. 26)
- Peep! Peep! Spring Event at Northwest Arts Center (Apr. 4)
- Ranger Program: Outfoxed! And Other Opportunistic Creatures at Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center (Apr. 5)
- Spring Break Nano Days at KidsQuest (Apr. 7 – Apr. 19)
- Crossroads Family Singalong (Apr. 4)
- Ladies Night Out at Blue Martini(Recurs weekly on Thursdays); Beat the Geek Trivia Night at Blue Martini (recurs weekly on Mondays); and Noches Azul (recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Little Book Wormsat The Bravern (Recurs weekly on Wednesdays)
- Board Game Night at Mox Boarding House (Recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Weekend Playshop at KidsQuest Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- Northwest Folklife’s Cultural Dance Series at Crossroads (Recurs monthly on the 3rd Saturday)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Current Exhibits: Read My Pins: The Madeleine Albright Collection (Apr. 13-Jun. 7) Emerge/Evolve 2014: Rising Talents in Kiln-Glass (Feb. 20-Jun. 14)
- Get Crafty Saturdays at Bellevue Arts Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- TNT: Thursday Night Tasting at Grand Cru Wine Shop (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Aerial Arts Performances at Suite Restaurant / Lounge (Recurs Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays)