This weekend plan on attending fun events in and around Bellevue. Treat the family to an original dance production with everyone’s favorite artistic styles, take young ones to art classes that will leave them inspired, and even get the chance to try out brand new, unpublished board games! What will you do in Bellevue this week?
1.) Wolves of Washington
This free educational event is about the wolves around Washington and how they fit into the area as natural predators. Adults and older kids will learn the grey wolves’ history and what it means to have them as four-legged neighbors. For natural enthusiasts, families, and anyone curious about the area’s animals. This event happens from 2-3 p.m. at Bellevue’s Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center and is recommended for children 10 and over. Find address and details here.
2.) “I Painted That!” Kids’ Watercolor Class
January 24, January 31, & February 7
Register young artists for this three-part watercolor class taught by retired Seattle School District instructors. Kids 7-10 years old will learn to create with watercolors on Saturdays from 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m. at the Bellevue Botanical Garden. Pre-registration required; hurry before this class fills! $60 for Bellevue Botanical Garden Society Members; $75 Non-members. Learn more about this class and others.
3.) Get Crafty Saturdays! Leather Crafts
Need another option for your budding artists? The Bellevue Arts Museum’s Get Crafty Saturdays! classes are back with special Leather Crafts on January 24. The focus is on leather accessories that 4-12 year olds can turn into items such as jewelry and pouches. Every artist is sure to find their inspiration and a few smiles along the way! Admission for this drop-in event is $2. See more from the Bellevue Arts Museum.
Board game fans can try their hand at something new at this special event. Bellevue’s Mox Boarding House will host local board game designers demoing unpublished games that participants can also play. Take this opportunity to see the masterminds behind board games while you offer feedback on their latest creations. Haven’t been to Mox before? It’s located right near NE 8th St, on Bel-Red Road. Get directions and more.
5.) Cocoa Brown Live!
Inject some humor into your week with a night of Cocoa Brown at Parlor Live. Brown has been part of Tyler Perry’s work, “Psych,” and “2 Broke Girls.” Choose which day to see her: from January 22-24 with tickets starting at just $20. All event info here.
6.) Danzami Winter’s Tale Dance Show
LaVida Studio presents an original production featuring various forms of dance sure to delight the whole family—including ballroom, salsa, and hip-hop. Students of a variety of ages will be performing unique dance numbers throughout the performance, and you won’t want to miss a step! The 12 p.m. show is held at Bellevue High Performing Arts Center and goes until 1 p.m. Buy Danzami tickets and find out more.
7.) Rumble on the Ridge XXX
Experience the adrenaline of MMA matches at COGA Combat Games’ Rumble on the Ridge XXX. Held at Snoqualmie Casino, this evening event has general admission, reserved, and ring side seating available. Don’t miss seeing the skill of trained male and female MMA fighters up close. Fights start at 7 p.m., doors open an hour earlier. See additional fighter lineup and more here.
OTHER UPCOMING BELLEVUE EVENTS
Click on the events below for more information
- Ladies Night Out at Blue Martini (Recurs weekly on Fridays); Beat the Geek Trivia Night at Blue Martini (recurs weekly on Mondays); and Noches Azul (recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Little Book Worms (Recurs weekly on Wednesdays)
- Weekend Playshop at KidsQuest Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Current Exhibits: BAM Biennial 2014: Knock on Wood (Oct. 31-Mar 29); Jason Walker: One the River, Down the Road (Oct. 3-March 1); Nick Mount: The Fabric of Work—Sculptural Glass from a Master of Australian Craft (Oct. 10-Feb. 1); and Quality Is Contagious: John Economaki and Bridge City Tool Works (Oct. 10-Feb. 1)
- Get Crafty Saturdays (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- TNT: Thursday Night Tasting at Grand Cru Wine Shop (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Aerial Arts Performances at Suite Restaurant / Lounge (Recurs Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays)