It’s only one week until Christmas so whether you’ve saved all your shopping for this weekend, or you’re done and ready to join in some festive holiday fun, Bellevue has everything you need! It’s the last weekend to come watch the spectacle of Snowflake Lane, view the lights of the Argosy Cruises Christmas Ship Festival or meet Rudolph at the Issaquah Reindeer Festival! On top of all that, we have ballet, theatre, music, comedy, crafts and education all at your fingertips. Come experience the holiday fun in Bellevue this week!
1.) Eastside Heritage Center’s Hands-on History, Heritage Crafts
The Eastside Heritage Center has partnered with KidsQuest Children’s Museum for a fun, hands-on event for the entire family! From 5pm-8pm, families can stop by Factoria Mall to join in crafts that have been passed down through generations. Create unique ornaments, try weaving, and make bells and paper chains that will add personal festive touches to the house. Click here for more information.
2.) International Ballet Theatre’s production of The Nutcracker
It’s your last weekend to see International Ballet Theatre’s production of The Nutcracker. Whether you’re starting a new family tradition or keeping up a tradition, you’ll want to come watch this holiday classic! This family-friendly show is a treat for all ages as a cast of 80 brings to life Clara, the Nutcracker Prince, the Mouse King and other favorites. Matinees begin at 2pm and evening performances at 7:30pm at the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center. Click here for more information or here to purchase tickets.
3.) Bellevue Youth Theatre’s production of The Snow Queen
Only one more weekend to catch Bellevue Youth Theatre’s production of the Hans Christian Andersen classic, The Snow Queen. Come watch this family-friendly musical adaptation that inspired the blockbuster “Frozen.” Click here for more information or call (425) 452-7155 to purchase tickets. Matinees begin at 2pm on Saturday and Sunday, with evening performances at 7pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Performances are at the Bellevue Youth Theatre-Ivanhoe, 16661 Northup Way, Bellevue.
4.) Argosy Cruises Christmas Ship Festival
It’s your last chance to see the Argosy Cruises Christmas Ship Festival this weekend! A Pacific Northwest tradition for 65 years, you have multiple chances to see the lights and sing along with the choirs onboard. On the 19th, you can catch it at Kirkland’s Marina Park, join the bonfire at Juanita Beach Park on the 21st, watch from Carilon Point or Meydenbauer Bay on the 22nd or your final chance on the 23rd at Waverly Beach Park or Yarrow Point Park. Check the website for times and come make the Christmas Ship Festival part of your holiday tradition.
5.) Tai Shan – Guitarist and Singer
This month at the Dusty Strings concert series, Tai Shan will be bringing her soprano voice and complex guitar melodies to the Crossroads stage from 6:30pm-8pm. Her music has been compared to a mix of John Mayer and Jackson Johnson with the voice of Joni Mitchell. She’s performed throughout the West Coast, is featured on multiple albums and has composed for jazz ensembles and string quartets. Click here for more information or here to learn more about Tai Shan and sample her music.
6.) Hibernation Pajama Party
Lewis Creek Park continues their Explorers’ Club activities with a Hibernation Pajama Party for families. This month, come learn about animals that are hibernating this season, as well as other ways of surviving winter. Parents must register and attend with their child. Call (425) 452-6885 to register for the event or click here for more information.
7.) Live Comedy: Aries Spears
Come shake your belly like a bowl full of jelly at live comedy! Parlor Live is proud to present Aries Spears, December 18-20. From memorable characters to spot-on impressions, Aries Spears made his mark during his 8-year tenure as a cast member on the popular sketch show, “Mad TV.” He’s earned critical acclaim and has found great success in films like “Jerry Maguire” and “Why Do Fools Fall In Love.” Click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
OTHER UPCOMING BELLEVUE EVENTS
Click on the events below for more information
- Snowflake Lane at The Bellevue Collection (Recurs nightly at 7pm through Dec. 24)
- Garden d’Lights at Bellevue Botanical Garden (Recurs daily from 4:30pm-9:30pm through Jan. 3)
- Magic Season Ice Arena in Bellevue Downtown Park (Recurs daily through Jan. 11)
- Argosy Cruises Christmas Ship Festival (Recurs daily through Dec. 23)
- Issaquah Reindeer Festival at Cougar Mountain Zoo (Recurs daily through Dec. 23)
- Thursday Night Football at Blue Martini Lounge (Recurs weekly on Thursdays); Ladies Night Out at Blue Martini (Recurs weekly on Fridays); Beat the Geek Trivia Night at Blue Martini (recurs weekly on Mondays); and Noches Azul (recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Little Book Worms (Recurs weekly on Wednesdays)
- ESPN Radio Seahawks Weekly at Pearl Bar and Dining (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Current Exhibits: BAM Biennial 2014: Knock on Wood (Oct. 31-Mar 29); Jason Walker: One the River, Down the Road (Oct. 3-March 1); Nick Mount: The Fabric of Work—Sculptural Glass from a Master of Australian Craft (Oct. 10-Feb. 1); and Quality Is Contagious: John Economaki and Bridge City Tool Works (Oct. 10-Feb. 1)
- TNT: Thursday Night Tasting at Grand Cru Wine Shop (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Aerial Arts Performances at Suite Restaurant / Lounge (Recurs Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays)