So many great events come through Bellevue that it’s hard to stay on top of all of them! We’ve outlined great music, art, comedy and even a Lunar New Year festival to keep you busy over the weekend. Read on to learn more!
1.) Emerge/Evolve 2014: Rising Talents in Kiln-Glass at BAM
February 20- June 14
Over 25 artists will be displaying their mastery of kiln-formed glass at Bellevue Arts Museum’s newest exhibit: Emerge/Evolve 2014: Rising Talents in Kiln-Glass. The Emerge competition began as a way to foster emerging artists working in kiln-formed glass and exhibited at multiple galleries across the US before coming to BAM. It features finalists from this year’s competition, but will expand to include enlarged installations, additional works by selected artists and a program of lectures and workshops. Click here for more information.
2.) Sammamish Symphony Orchestra presents España
The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra will be putting on España at the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center at 7:30pm and anyone with a love of Spanish music, will want to attend. Interim Conductor, Adam Stern, and guitarist, Michael Partington, bring to life the music of Curtis, Ginastera, Rodrigo and Ravel. Come listen to Concierto de Aranjuez for Guitar and Orchestra, Souvenir of Guanajuato Suite, Panambi Ballet Suite and Bolero. Click here for more information or here to purchase tickets.
3.) Live Comedy: Tom Green
Best known for his outrageous antics on “The Tom Green Show,” Tom Green is coming to Parlor Live this weekend! You’ve seen him in the movies “Road Trip,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “Freddie Got Fingered” and “Stealing Harvard” as well as on “Late Night with David Letterman,” “Malcolm in the Middle,” “For the Love of Ray J,” “The Celebrity Apprentice” and his ongoing show “Tom Green Live” on AXS TV. There are only 4 chances to see him, so purchase tickets now! Click here for more information.
4.) Lunar New Year
The Bellevue Collection, Seattle Chinese Culture and Arts Association, Overseas Community Affairs Council – Republic of China (Taiwan) and the Taiwan Benevolent Association of America are celebrating the 2015 Lunar New Year on Saturday from 11am-6pm by sharing in the cultural heritage of our community. There will be traditional and contemporary cultural demonstrations, including martial arts, music, dance, and visual arts, plus dumpling samples from Din Tai Fung and a Chinese Lion and Dragon parade. Click here for more information or here for a list of performances scheduled.
5.) New West Guitar Group: Big City
New West Guitar Group is making a splash by being one of the only musical groups to combine electric and acoustic guitar to perform new compositions and original arrangements of contemporary songs. Featuring songs by Dave Brubeck, the Police, Tears for Fears, Simon and Garfunkel, Joni Mitchell and more, New West Guitar Group will be blending jazz, blues, rock, folk and Americana throughout the night starting at 8pm at the Kirkland Performance Center. Click here for more information or here to purchase tickets
6.) Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra with Special Guest Anat Cohen
Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra (SRJO) is pleased to present a special concert with internationally celebrated clarinetist, Anat Cohen. Anat was awarded “Best Clarinetist” by the 2014 DownBeat International Critics Poll and will be joining SRJO for music from New Orleans, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Israel and beyond. Join SRJO and Anat at the Kirkland Performance Center at 2pm. Click here for more information or here to purchase tickets.
OTHER UPCOMING BELLEVUE EVENTS
Click on the events below for more information
- Cirque du Soleil® presents KURIOS™ – Cabinet of Curiosities at Marymoor Park (Jan. 29-Mar. 22)
- Around the World in 80 Days at Village Theatre (Jan. 22-Mar. 1)
- Ladies Night Out at Blue Martini (Recurs weekly on Fridays); Beat the Geek Trivia Night at Blue Martini (recurs weekly on Mondays); and Noches Azul (recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Little Book Worms at The Bravern (Recurs weekly on Wednesdays)
- Board Game Night at Mox Boarding House (Recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Weekend Playshop at KidsQuest Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- Northwest Folklife’s Cultural Dance Series at Crossroads (Recurs monthly on the 3rd Saturday)
- International: Group Exhibition at Hall Spassov (Feb. 4-Mar. 31)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Current Exhibits: BAM Biennial 2014: Knock on Wood (Oct. 31-Mar 29); Jason Walker: One the River, Down the Road (Oct. 3-Mar. 1)
- Get Crafty Saturdays at Bellevue Arts Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- TNT: Thursday Night Tasting at Grand Cru Wine Shop (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Aerial Arts Performances at Suite Restaurant / Lounge (Recurs Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays)