This week in Bellevue, your favorite restaurants are offering special menus, there are outdoor activities you and the family can enjoy, a special movie screening, and musical entertainment! Liven up your week with these exciting events around the city.
1.) Seattle Restaurant Week
Sunday, April 12-Thursday, April 16
& Sunday, April 19-Thursday, April 23
Treat yourself to tastes across Seattle and the eastside. With more than 165 restaurants to choose from and 3-course meals at just $30, you’ll find more than one reason to dine out this week! With some lunch options available, and vegan and gluten-free dishes, everyone can enjoy these restaurants’ rich local flavors. Thirteen Bellevue restaurants are participating, so don’t miss this opportunity to try something new. See menus and all restaurants participating in Seattle Restaurant Week.
2.) Free Advance Movie Screening: The Water Diviner
Wednesday, April 15
Catch an advance screening of The Water Diviner, free at Bellevue’s Lincoln Square Cinemas. Russell Crowe plays an Australian farmer in the early 1900s who goes to Turkey in search of his three sons. The Water Diviner doesn’t hit theaters April 24, so you’ll have a sneak peek at Crowe’s dramatic performance. Rated R. Find out more info and how to get your passes now.
3.) 2nd Saturday Presents Family Music Performer Johnny Bregar
Saturday, April 11
Finally, music you and your young ones will both love! Musician Johnny Bregar is a Bainbridge Island performer known for family-friendly music that takes its cues from influences like blues and jazz. Get ready to have fun at this lively show designed to appeal to kids! At the Crossroads Bellevue Market Stage from 6-7 p.m. Free. Learn about this and other Crossroads Bellevue events.
4.) Free Bellevue Botanical Garden Tours
Saturdays & Sundays
Now that spring is in swing, stop by to see the budding plants and flowers! Bellevue Botanical Garden Tours are open for the season every Saturday & Sunday. These free tours are led by volunteer docents and start at 2 p.m. Wind your way through the flowers and fresh air as you explore the Rock Garden, Rhododendron Glen, and other areas of natural beauty.
5.) Owl Prowl
Friday, April 10
You’ll need to bring a light for this after-dark adventure! You’ll learn about owls that live in the area and join a Ranger-led night hike in Bellevue’s Lewis Creek Park. Recommended for adults and children 5 and older; participants encouraged to wear shoes suitable for hiking. From 7:30-9 p.m. Cost is $5/residents and $6/non-residents. Register online or by calling 425-452-6885 and referencing course 90892.
6.) Lakemont Highlands Hike
Saturday, April 11
This ranger-led hike covers 3.5 miles in Lakemont Highlands. You’ll traverse trails, open spaces, and friendly neighborhoods. Pack water and plan to wear shoes and clothes that you can comfortably hike in. From 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Free; no registration required. Group meets at the Lewis Creek Visitor Center.
OTHER UPCOMING BELLEVUE EVENTS
Click on the events below for more information
- No Way to Treat a Lady at Village Theatre (Apr. 19 – Apr. 26)
- La La La Group Exhibition at Hall Spassov Gallery (Apr. 1-May 30)
- Spring Break Nano Days at KidsQuest (Apr. 7 – Apr. 19)
- Ladies Night Out at Blue Martini(Recurs weekly on Thursdays); Beat the Geek Trivia Night at Blue Martini (recurs weekly on Mondays); and Noches Azul (recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Little Book Worms at The Bravern (Recurs weekly on Wednesdays)
- Board Game Night at Mox Boarding House (Recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Weekend Playshop at KidsQuest Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- Northwest Folklife’s Cultural Dance Series at Crossroads (Recurs monthly on the 3rdSaturday)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Current Exhibits: Read My Pins: The Madeleine Albright Collection (Apr. 13-Jun. 7) Emerge/Evolve 2014: Rising Talents in Kiln-Glass (Feb. 20-Jun. 14)
- Get Crafty Saturdays at Bellevue Arts Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- TNT: Thursday Night Tasting at Grand Cru Wine Shop (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Aerial Arts Performances at Suite Restaurant / Lounge (Recurs Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays)