Welcome in the month of March with these Bellevue, WA, events that will get you up and moving! Dance along with bluegrass or accordion music, get on your feet and cheer for a hometown baseball team, and more. Which of these family-friendly Bellevue events will shake up your week?
1.) Wintergrass Music Festival
Thursday, February 26-Sunday, March 1
Attend one of America’s largest bluegrass festivals, starting tonight! Bluegrass followers and musicians flock to Wintergrass, a 4-day festival with talent from across the world. Take in bluegrass from multiple stages, workshops, even jam sessions. More than 200 musical artists and about 30 bands are estimated to play this evening through March 1. Don’t miss the flavor of bluegrass brought right to Bellevue’s Hyatt Regency! Performance and ticket details are here.
2.) Day of the Accordion
Saturday, February 28
Whether you’re a fan of accordion music or just curious, stop by Crossroads Bellevue between 11:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. to sample sounds from bands and artists. There’s even time set aside for free accordion instruction! This family-friendly event will be a toe-tapping good time. See more about the Day of the Accordion.
3.) Seattle U vs. Portland Baseball Game
Tuesday, March 3
Show off your hometown spirit at a university baseball game held at Bellevue’s own Bannerwood Park. The Seattle University Redhawks will play the Portland Pilots starting at 4 p.m. Pack snacks or stop by a local restaurant for an early dinner, then sit back and enjoy the game. Details and ticket information here.
4.) Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra
Sunday, March 1
The Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra is celebrating its 50th season, and you have the opportunity to witness performances from skilled young musicians at The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center on March 1. Performances begin at 2 p.m. and continue throughout the afternoon and evening. General admission tickets $15; youth and senior tickets $12. Find out more about the performers and the event.
5.) Family Discovery Series Movie – The Secret World of Bats
Friday, February 27
Make learning fun by attending this free, all-ages event about bats! Bellevue Parks & Community Services will be showing a film about bats that first aired on CBS. The event happens at the Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center, and popcorn will be served! From 5-6 p.m. with no registration needed. Learn more.
6.) Bellevue Botanical Garden Society Presents “Bringing the Living Space into the Garden”
Saturday, February 28
Landscape designer Karen Stefonick will help you find ways to create your own outdoor oasis that reflects your home’s interior design. Try her tips for customizing your garden while thinking of it as an extension of your home. This class is perfectly timed for spring planting and home improvement projects! Registration is $25 for Bellevue Botanical Garden Society Members and $35 for non-members. Class is from 10 a.m.-noon; register and learn more here.
OTHER UPCOMING BELLEVUE EVENTS
Click on the events below for more information
- Cirque du Soleil® presents KURIOS™ – Cabinet of Curiosities at Marymoor Park (Jan. 29-Mar. 22)
- Around the World in 80 Days at Village Theatre (Jan. 22-Mar. 1)
- Ladies Night Out at Blue Martini (Recurs weekly on Fridays); Beat the Geek Trivia Night at Blue Martini (recurs weekly on Mondays); and Noches Azul (recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Little Book Worms at The Bravern (Recurs weekly on Wednesdays)
- Board Game Night at Mox Boarding House (Recurs weekly on Tuesdays)
- Weekend Playshop at KidsQuest Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- Northwest Folklife’s Cultural Dance Series at Crossroads (Recurs monthly on the 3rdSaturday)
- International: Group Exhibition at Hall Spassov (Feb. 4-Mar. 31)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Current Exhibits: BAM Biennial 2014: Knock on Wood (Oct. 31-Mar 29); Jason Walker: One the River, Down the Road (Oct. 3-Mar. 1); Emerge/Evolve 2014: Rising Talents in Kiln-Glass (Feb. 20-June 14)
- Get Crafty Saturdays at Bellevue Arts Museum (Recurs weekly on Saturday)
- TNT: Thursday Night Tasting at Grand Cru Wine Shop (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Aerial Arts Performances at Suite Restaurant / Lounge (Recurs Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays)