Bellevue, Washington is a vibrant, rapidly-growing city with new options for visitors and groups constantly popping up. From new hotels and revitalized meeting spaces to additional activities and unique dining experiences, here’s what we’re most excited about.
Hotels and Meeting Venues
The newly renovated lobby at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue features 55-inch touch screen table units.
- Meydenbauer Convention Center Renovation Bellevue’s convention center is scheduled to complete a $12.5 million renovation over the summer months. The project includes interior enhancements to meeting rooms, lobbies, restrooms, and the theatre; various technological upgrades, and a refresh of the building exterior. For more information, visit meydenbauer.com.
- Hampton Inn & Suites This 128 room hotel recently opened in Bellevue and is conveniently located just off Interstate-405. The hotel has a 623 square-foot conference room ideal for holding meetings or training events for up to 50 people. For more information, visit hamptoninn.com.
- Seattle Marriott Bellevue Marriott is getting ready to open a full service, 384 room hotel in downtown Bellevue. The hotel’s location provides an ideal venue for meetings and events with 21,000 square feet of meeting space, including its largest room, the 6,200 square foot ballroom. The hotel is scheduled to open in May. For more information, visit marriott.com.
- Hyatt Regency Bellevue Renovation The Hyatt Regency Bellevue just completed a $5.2 million renovation which includes upgrades to guestrooms in the 381-room Cascade Tower, a renovated high tech lobby featuring two interactive Microsoft Windows touch tables, and redesigned prefunction and meeting space. For more information, visit bellevue.hyatt.com.
- Hilton Bellevue Renovation The Hilton Bellevue has completed two of the three phases of their $9 million renovation. All 353 guestrooms as well as the meeting space has been fully renovated. The final phase, including renovation of the lobby, front desk, and restaurant is currently underway and slated for completion this spring. For more information, visit bellevuehilton.com.
- Embassy Suites Renovation In the upcoming months, Embassy Suites will undergo a full-service renovation project. Upon completion, the hotel will offer all new guest suites, a revitalized breakfast and dining area, and renewed event space. For updates on the renovation, visit embassysuitesbellevue.com.
- Sheraton Bellevue Renovation The hotel is currently undergoing a considerable renovation that includes the lobby, guest rooms and corridors, club lounge, select meeting rooms and the restaurant. For more details visit sheratonbellevue.com.
- Residence Inn New Restaurant and Renovation Guests at the Residence Inn in downtown Bellevue don’t have to go far to grab a bite with the opening of the hotel’s new restaurant, RIVUE Bar and Grill. The property is also currently undergoing a $3 million renovation of all guest rooms, meeting space, and public space. For more information, visit marriott.com.
- HYATT house Mascot Program Bellevue’s HYATT house has launched a new mascot program at the hotel. Guests may request to meet one of the hotel’s on-site canine companions and are also welcome to bring the own four-legged friends with them so that no member of the family is left at home! For more information, visit bellevue.house.hyatt.com.
- Future Hotels: New hotels scheduled to open by the end of 2016 will add another 700+ rooms to downtown Bellevue. In addition to the Marriott hotel mentioned above, the roster of hotels includes a 234 room AC Marriott hotel as well as a luxury hotel with over 244 rooms and 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space as part of The Bellevue Collection’s expansion.
For more information about Bellevue meeting facilities, click here.
Attractions and Activities
Mox Boarding House brings together board games, food and beer in one unique space.
- Mox Boarding House This 10,000-square-foot mega-gaming store / restaurant recently opened in Bellevue. Mox offers guests the best of everything with artisanal dining, an extensive game library to purchase games or check them out for in-store play, and a huge tournament room for daily events. The space also includes three uniquely designed private rooms that groups can reserve – the Apothecary, the Library, or the Speak Easy. For more information, visit moxboardinghouse.com.
- FootGolf at Crossroads Par 3 Golf Course The Crossroads Par 3 Golf Course is now open for the season with a new offering, FootGolf. The game is similar to golf but is played using a soccer ball instead of clubs and the goal is to kick the ball into 21-inch diameter cups using the least amount of kicks as possible. The golf course is a great option for groups, friends, and families. For more information, visit bellevuepgc.com/-crossroads-par-3.
- 99 Park’s Cocktail Masterclasses Wish you knew what goes into making creative cocktails? Learn from the masters and craft your own cocktail at 99 Park’s cocktail masterclasses. The cocktail masterclasses are a fun, interactive (and tasty!) experience for small or large groups. To book a class visit 99park-restaurant.com.
- Driving Range at the Bellevue Golf Course A new driving range will open this Spring at the Bellevue Municipal Golf Course. The new range will have double the number of hitting stalls and all the new stalls will be fully heated and lighted for year round comfort. The Bellevue Golf Course also has an 18-hole course and offers group outings. For more information visit bellevuepgc.com.
- Bellevue Youth Theatre Grand Opening The student-run theatre just unveiled its new home at Crossroads Park. The building is built directly into a hillside and features unique architectural features such as circular shaped building with an indoor and outdoor theatre. Shows begin March 20. For more information, visit bytfoundation.org.
- Bellevue Botanical Garden Classes and Lectures The Bellevue Botanical Garden’s newest building, The Aaron Education Building, has made it possible for the garden to offer high quality lectures and classes onsite. Attendees will learn how to grow beautiful gardens that contribute to a healthy local ecosystem. To view the upcoming class schedule visit bellevuebotanical.org.
- The Bellevue Collection Expansion Ground has broken on the $1.2 Billion mixed-use expansion of Bellevue’s popular “live, work, play” shopping destination. The expansion plans include two hotels, premium retail, chef-inspired restaurants and upscale entertainment venues. For more information visit, lincolnsquareexpansion.com.
For more information about things to do and activities in Bellevue, click here.
Restaurants, Private Dining and Nightlife
Tavern Hall’s 9,500 square-foot space at Bellevue Square. Photo by Geoffrey Smith.
- Tavern Hall Now open at Bellevue Square, this 9,500 square-foot restaurant and event space offers a relaxed, social atmosphere making it a great place to gather pre- or post-convention. In addition to tasty burgers, brick oven pretzels, and flatbreads, Tavern Hall also boasts 20 beers on draught, four shuffleboard tables and 30 flat screen TVs. The restaurant has three areas that can be rented out separately or combined into one private event space, accommodating groups from 30-400. For more information, visit tavern-hall.com.
- Stone Karaoke & Lounge Your group is sure to feel like VIPs at downtown Bellevue’s newest nightlife spot, Stone Karaoke & Lounge. The upscale karaoke bar features 11 private rooms decked out with everything from flat screen TVs and state of the art karaoke systems to leather couches and disco balls. Fancy a craft cocktail or one of Stone’s small plates? No problem, simply use the interactive screens to call for room service. The rooms can accommodate party sizes ranging from 5 to 20 guests and can be booked online at stonekaraokebellevue.com.
- Lunchbox Laboratory Event Lab Lunchbox Laboratory’s recently opened Event Lab is the perfect space for concocting private events. The room can accommodate 20-60 guests for sit-down dinner service or up to 100 guests for cocktail-style receptions. Guests are sure to love the private full-service bar, brand new 100″ screen/projector, and unlimited game play of fun retro arcade games! For more information, visit lunchboxlaboratory.com.
- Bellevue Food Truck Pod There’s a new quick, cheap, and delicious dining option for your event attendees. Every Monday – Friday from 11am-2pm, a rotating lineup of food trucks brings everything from New Orleans street food to Ethiopian cuisine to downtown Bellevue. To find out which trucks will be around when you are in town, check out the schedule on seattlefoodtruck.com.
- 13 Coins The iconic Northwest staple, 13 Coins, is slated to open in April at Bellevue Place near the Hyatt Regency Bellevue. The restaurant features a 24 hour menu and night owl drink specials, making it the perfect place for satisfying those late night munchies. For more information, visit 13coins.com.
- Wild Ginger Large Group Dim Sum Reception Large groups can now experience the Cantonese culinary tradition of dim sum at Bellevue’s Wild Ginger. Your group will get to explore Wild Ginger’s house-made Cantonese dim sum and other specialties from throughout Southeast Asia. Wild Ginger’s large group reception areas can accommodate 50-100 guests. For more information, visit wildginger.net.
- Tutta Bella This authentic Neapolitan pizzeria opened their Bellevue location in the Crossroads neighborhood just over a year ago. In addition to their extensive pizza menu, Tutta Bella also serves up Italian wines, Italian Attibassi espresso, and classic Italian fried cuisine. Tutta Bella’s private dining space can accommodate groups up to 100 in the banquet room and 30 on the four-seasons patio. For more information, visit TuttaBella.com.
- Blue Martini Lounge Banquet Space This trendy, upscale lounge is known for their over 42 savory signature martinis and crafted cocktails, so it should come as no surprise that throwing parties is a Blue Martini specialty! Blue Martini is currently converting their indoor patio area into a banquet room that can hold 80 comfortably, making it an ideal location for private parties. For an extra dose of entertainment, Blue Martini hosts free salsa dance lessons on Tuesday nights or Beat the Geek Trivia on Monday nights. For more information, visit bluemartinilounge.com.
- Monsoon East Semi-Private Dining Space Your guests will be delighted with the custom Vietnamese menus and cocktail lists at Monsoon East in Bellevue. The locally-owned restaurant is now offering one of their most popular spaces, the Lounge, for groups to reserve for a standing cocktail reception or sit-down dinner. The area is semi-private and can accommodate up to 40 guests. For more information or to learn about Monsoon East’s other group dining spaces, visit monsoonrestaurants.com.
For more information about private and group dining options in Bellevue, click here.