It’s the last full week of summer in Bellevue, WA, and that means summer events will soon be making way for fall events and activities. Each week, our Weekly Round-Up puts a spotlight on all the top events in Bellevue over the next week so you can quickly and easily make plans for you and your family during your visit. Don’t miss out on these fun things to do in Bellevue this weekend and into next week:
1.) Fall Fashion Showcase at The Shops at the Bravern
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., The Shops at The Bravern in Bellevue invites you to celebrate The Bravern’s 5th anniversary at the Fall Fashion Showcase. Discover live mannequins, two live runway shows produced by Neiman Marcus, a DJ and live band, sketch artists, a photo booth, food and beverages, and exclusive in-store experiences and specials. Click here for more information.
2.) Fashion Week at the Bellevue Collection
Fall’s fashion trends from The Bellevue Collection are set to hit the Northwest once again. Now in its ninth year, this week-long experience goes day-to-night with runway shows benefiting local charities, chic parties, special appearances, stylish in-store events, happy hours and irresistible shopping. Join Vogue Magazine for the premier Front Row Fashion Show runway show, gather girlfriends for the fun Posh Party Trend Show or experience up-and-coming designers at the Independent Designer Runway Show. Click here for a more information.
3.) Hollywood Hill Block Party in Woodinville Wine Country
Woodinville, a beautiful city just a short jaunt north of Bellevue, is renowned for its wine country. Take a trip up to Woodinville to enjoy the Hollywood Hill Block Party, a community event showcasing the thriving local food and wine industry. This event will include wine tasting from the area’s superb wineries, with each tasting room creating a unique and interactive experience behind their doors. Your ticket grants you access to the block party, tasting tickets, a wine glass, wine discounts and entrance to the After Hours Party at the Hollywood Schoolhouse, featuring X Factor finalist LeRoy Bell from 8 p.m.- 10 p.m. Click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
4.) EZ Rocks Skate for the Cure
This weekend, Bellevue Skate Park hosts EZ Rocks Skate for the Cure, the first ever PRO-AM skateboarding event in the Seattle area. This is a fundraising event for the Zakes Foundation, which is raising money to find a cure for adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD). ALD is a childhood neurological disease that kills almost 100% of all kids that have it. This event will draw some of the world’s best skaters, who will be competing for a $50,000 purse. Watch some fantatic skating while also enjoying live music, carnival games, food, pro demos, free skate clinics, giveaways and more. Visit the event website for more information and tickets.
5.) Susan G. Komen Seattle 3-Day for a Cure
Come take part in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day fundraising event and do your part to help fight breast cancer. The event begins Friday with the Opening Ceremony at Seattle Center’s Fisher Pavilion, after which participants are sent off on a 60-mile journey in true 3-Day style, which of course includes singing, dancing, colorful costumes and community cheering stations along the way, which includes passing through Bellevue and other Eastside cities like Redmond, Kirkland and Mercer Island. Participants generally walk about 20 miles each day over a 3-day period, ending their journey at a Closing Ceremony Sunday afternoon. While online registration for the 2014 Seattle 3-Day has closed, you can still register by calling 800-996-3DAY. Get spectator information here or learn more on the Susan G. Komen 3-Day website.
6.) ESPN Radio Seahawks Weekly at Pearl Bar & Dining
Attention Seahawks fans! From 7 p.m.-9 p.m. each Thursday, Bellevue’s Pearl Bar & Dining welcomes hosts from ESPN radio for Seahawks Weekly, a live show that discusses the previous game and the upcoming weekend’s games. Seahawks and other athletes will be the guests so you never know who you might have a chance to see! You can stop in to see the live broadcast from Sept. 11 through0 Dec. 18. Click here for more information.
7.) Live Comedy: Tom Wilson
The Parlor Live Comedy Club in Bellevue welcomes comedian Tom Wilson for three laugh-filled nights. Tom is a successful actor, writer and comedian with more than fifty television shows, comedy specials and movies to his credit, including The Heat with Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock. He is best known as “Biff” from the now classic film trilogy Back to the Future and has appeared on The Tonight Show. As a comedian, Tom brings to the stage a high level of enthusiasm and charisma that is enjoyed by audiences of any age. Click here for more information or purchase tickets here.
8.) Public Opera Dinner at Basil’s Kitchen
There’s nothing like the gift of song to elevate any dining experience. Enjoy a romantic Italian escape at Basil’s Kitchen at Hilton Bellevue, which is hosting a special Public Opera Dinner between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Let the voices of four opera singers serenade you as you enjoy a three-course Italian meal. For reservations, call 425-455-1300 or click here. Free validated parking is included with dinner. Learn more about the talented Public Opera singers here.
Other Upcoming Bellevue Events
Click on the events below for more information.
- Art Exhibit: She Did It: Women’s Group Exhibit (Through Sept. 30)
- Coal Creek Park Hike (Sept. 20)
- Fraser Cabin Heritage Program (Sept. 20)
- Self-Reliance. Self-Respect. A Women’s Conference (Sept. 20)
- Education Community Open House: Eastside Pathways (Sept. 20)
- Heart2Heart with Amol Kelkar: A Bollywood Live Music Concert (Sept. 20)
- Bellevue Aquatic Center Grand Re-Opening (Sept. 20)
- Northwest Perennial Alliance: “Half a Lifetime in gardens and What They Have Taught Me” (Sept. 21)
- Natural Yard Care Classes at Bellevue Botanical Garden (Every Wednesday through Oct. 8)
- Live Comedy: Tom Wilson at Parlor Live (Sept. 18)
- Kirkland Farmers Market: Wednesday Market (Through Sept. 24)
- Little Book Worms (Recurs weekly on Wednesdays)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Current Exhibits: At Your Service (Through Sept. 21); Folding Paper: The Infinite Possibilities of Origami (Through Sept. 21); The Art of Gaman: Arts and Crafts from the Japanese American Internment Camps, 1942-1946 (Through Oct. 12); and Under Pressure: Contemporary Prints from the Collections of Jordan D. Schnitzer and his Family Foundation (Through Oct. 12)
- Sculpture Exhibition: Bellwether 2014: Connect. (Through Oct. 12)
- Bellevue Farmers Market: Thursday & Saturday Markets
- TNT: Thursday Night Tasting at Grand Cru Wine Shop (Recurs weekly on Thursdays)
- Aerial Arts Performances at Suite Restaurant / Lounge (Recurs Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays)
- Bellevue Botanical Garden Tours (Recurs weekly on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Mercer Island Farmers Market: Sunday Market
- Crossroads Bellevue Farmers Market: Tuesday Market